MuscatCapital is committed in making Muscatcapitaldirect (e-trading) safe and secure. Nevertheless, you must remember that you need to protect yourself as well from various risks of electronic fraud and hacking.
MuscatCapital role in security:
Ensuring access to your account information is secure; with our state-of-the-art security infrastructure, you can be confident that access to your accounts is private and secure. MuscatCapital automatically increases the security level of your Internet browser to 128-bit encryption when you sign-in to https://www.muscatcapitaldirect.com.sa to ensure financial transactions are performed at the highest security level. Our server is certified by "Verisign" with a 128-bit certificate which can be recognized by your browser.
Expiry of Web pages stored in your computer; MuscatCapital prohibits copies of Muscatcapitaldirect secure Web pages - that have been stored or "cached" by your browser - from accessing the server information once you close your session. If you share your computer with other users they will not be able to view your personal information from the browser cache; you must close your browser following logout to invalidate the browser history.
Five repetitive failures in entering a password cause your service to become "locked", requiring re-activation.
The system enforces a session expiry following a defined period of inactivity (20 minutes) should you ever leave your computer unattended with an open session to Muscatcapitaldirect.
A summary of your previous session activities is shown to you upon your request from the logon page, for you to verify the details of previous actions to your service.
Your role in security:
Protect your logon password: this password is designed to protect the privacy of your banking information; you must keep your password confidential and never disclose it to anyone nor write it anywhere. If you think your logon password has been compromised, change it immediately or call MuscatCapital on +966-1-2799822 or +966-1-2799573 for assistance.
Do not use Muscatcapitaldirect from public places like Internet Cafes, hotels, airports.etc.
Always ensure that you access MuscatCapitalOnline from the site address ( https://www.muscatcapitaldirect.com.sa ); never click on any unknown hyperlinks claiming to redirect you to Muscatcapitaldirect.
Please be very suspicious of any emails, websites, business or person that ask for your User ID, password, account number, or other sensitive information claiming to be from MuscatCapital. If you have previously responded to such messages, please contact MuscatCapital as soon as possible on: +966-1-2799574 or +966-1-2799822.
Do not leave your computer unattended: if you are signed on to Muscatcapitaldirect, take the time to 'Logout' from the service and close all browser windows once successfully logged out.
It is recommended not to open any programs or non-Muscatcapitaldirect windows during your session.
In order to make your PC and online activities secure, we recommend you do the following:
- Always keep your computer operating system (i.e. Windows), office applications (i.e. MS-Office) updated.
- Always keep your browser software (i.e. Internet Explorer) up-to-date with the latest software updates released by their corresponding vendors through their official websites.
- Install and enable an Anti-Virus application, and keep it up-to-date with the latest virus updates. Also ensure that you regularly scan your entire computer for possible viruses.
- Protect your computer from Trojans and Spyware and keep your Anti-Spyware software up-to-date with the latest updates. Run regular scans for Spyware on your computer.
- Install and enable Firewall software on your computer; you should enable only certified applications to have access to the Internet.
- Change your etrade passwords regularly (at least once in a month).
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !, @, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] for your passwords.
- If you have more than one etrade user ID, use a different password for each of the user IDs.